- Deadline for submitting the thesis: 15.05.2019, 12.06.2019 (for defense on 19.06.2019),
- Submission of Master's Thesis (NB! both versions!):
* 1 printed and bound copy (hard-copy) to instute's secretary's office (room 518)
* 1 electronic copy named firstname_lastname.pdf to ltms_kantselei [ät] ut.ee
- NB! Reviewer's opinions will be sent to student's e-mail address that is specified in Study Information System.
- Defenses: 06.06.2019, 07.06.2019 room 122 at 9.00; 19.06.2019 room 202 at 9.00. About presentation (defense):
The presentation materials must be checked and uploaded to the computer in defense room before the start of the defense. Also, the students whose defense is after the break, can use the break time for these preparations.The time limit for the defense talk is 15 minutes.
Requirements for graduation thesis and procedure for defence in the Faculty of Science and Technology
* The author grants the university a permission to electronically publish the graduation thesis via the university’s web environment under the Creative Commons licence CC BY NC ND 3.0, which allows, by giving appropriate credit to the author, to reproduce, distribute the work and communicate it to the public, and prohibits the creation of derivative works and any commercial use of the work. The licence must be submitted in the electronic (PDF) file of the thesis and is the prerequisite for allowing the author to defend the thesis. The licence does not need to be signed – consent may be placed at the very end of the thesis.
* In case there is a need for a closed defense or for restrictions related to the publication of the thesis, the corresponding application form can be found here (39.)
Some example files:
CERCS research specialisation classification can be found here. For actuarial and financial mathematics, the most used codes are between P110 and P190.